Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) for the JAWUG Network
All members of JAWUG need to accept these conditions before accessing any services on the network .
- Any device that routes, bridges or otherwise links JAWUG prefixes together must at all times be fully accessible to the JAWUGCORE team for administration purposes.
- Devices that support RADIUS authentication must be linked to the server(s) provided on the network.
- At least one local account must be provided to the JAWUGCORE team to access the device in the case of a RADIUS failure.
- All members must contribute content towards the network as well as consuming content from the network.
- Members should maintain an upstream:downstream ratio of at least 1:10 on their link to the network.
- This ratio is irrespective of protocol or traffic type and would be measured as a layer-2 bit rate.
Any content that is pornographic, explicit or otherwise unsuitable for persons under the age of 18 must be secured in such a way that it cannot be accessed without validating the users age.
- The use of hate speech is not permitted on JAWUG IRC servers.
- All conversations in general channels should be conducted without the use of strong language and in a manner that could reasonably be considered PG13.
The following section outlines activities that are considered unacceptable on the JAWUG network and services.
Threats to Network Security
Any activity that threatens the functioning, security and/or integrity of the JAWUG network is unacceptable. This includes but is not limited to:
- Attempts to gain unauthorized or unlawful access to any network or service.
- Attempts to circumvent any security measures or user authentication of any host, network or user account.
- Forging of headers within any network protocol.
- Any activity which threatens disrupt a service through denial of service (DoS) attacks, flooding or otherwise overloading a service.
- Any unauthorized probing (including THE DUDE), scanning (including port scanning) of others networks.
- Any activity which threatens the network by knowingly distributing software that contains a virus or any other malware components.
- Unauthorised monitoring of data on the network.
Violation of Intellectual Property Rights
The JAWUG network shall not be used to publish, submit/receive upload/download, post, use, copy or otherwise reproduce, transmit, re-transmit, distribute or store any content/material or to engage in any activity that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates the intellectual property rights or privacy of any individual, group or entity, including but not limited to any rights protected by any copyright, patent, trademark laws, trade secret, trade dress, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property right.
Running Mikrotik’s ‘The Dude’ software is not permitted on the JAWUG network.